- Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat Smoot + Protect – I have noticed that my nails are getting really brittle with the cold winter weather, make sure to to add a base coat to prevent breaks and staining.
- China Glaze Neon Turned Up Turquoise – This show-stopping colour goes on matte but with a hint of shimmer! It looks amazing as is and changes a bit with the light. The picture above looks much more blue but it is more of a turquoise 😉
- China Glaze Platinum Silver – This high-shine polish is really cute for accenting nails. If you want really wow the crowd, wear it on all your nails for extra glitter!
- Topshop Nail Dotting Tool – This tool will help you complete the look, I dabbed some the silver polish on some tin foil and dipped the smaller end in. Next, dot your nail and re-dip when necessary; for this look I dotted opposite corners of the nails with more of a randomized pattern but the possibilities are endless!
- Essie Grow Faste Base Coat – A good base make a world of difference and protects your nails from discolouration. I especially love this one because it also aids in healthy nail growth!
- OPI Berlin There Done That – A classic neutral shade, it is perfect for all seasons and pairs nicely with an array of other hues. This is my go-to shade when I want something sophisticated and fuss-free.
- Nicole by OPI Kissed at Midnight – Go for Glitz! Don’t feel gilty (pun fully intended), add a little festive flare to your mani with a glitter top coat. I like painting my ring finger and thumb as accent nails to give it an extra pop.
- Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat – This is by far the best top-coat I have ever used. It goes on thicker but dries in ten minutes and looks just like shellac. The only down side I have found is that I have to replace it more frequently (just past the half-way point) because it gets too viscous to apply.
Goulish Greetings, are you in the mood for some spooky good fun? Here is how I created this Halloween inspired nail art:
1. Start with an orange base (you may want to use a base coat like Essie’s Grow Faster to prevent staining!). I paint 2-3 coats for an even colour.
2. Next, use a polka-dot/ glitter top coat (I used the one pictured above). To prevent big globs of spots, try to evenly distribute the spots, I start at the base of the nail and drag downwards.
3. I cannot rave enough about Seche Vite Top Coat, it dries amazingly fast, last forever, and gives a shellac type shine and thickness. The best way to apply is to apply a droplet (at the base of the nail), wipe the excess off of the brush and then sweep the brush down the nail.
4. For the grand finale. I added Nails Inc. Matte Top Coat to give a cool texture. I love the way it makes the orange pop!