Another day, another chance to be a work-wear maven! Today’s outfit is based on one of my favourite work-day outfits as a tribute to the pin-up girls of past. I love pairing a retro polka-dot blouse with the hip-skimming peplum skirt to really make an hour-glass figure pop! A classic pointed patent pump (say that 3 times fast!), red bow belt and gold jewellery are reminiscent of the 1950’s and add a vintage flair 🙂
This time we are are doing a High-Fashion Friday, with a a little tribute to one of my fave designers, the legendary Valentino. After drooling over these gorgeous creations, I managed to pick a few of my fave pieces. The noticeable trend among the chosen pieces: studs and lace; I love lady-like with a bit of edge.
- Lace Bodice Sheath in Black and Ivory
- Rockstud Two-Tone T-Strap Slingback Pump, Pink
- Studded Gloves
- Wool-Blend Astrakhan Collared Coat
- Rockstud Lock Flat Knee Boot, Black
- Rockstud-Brow Sunglasses, Black/Havana
- Lace Dress
- Lock Leather Shoulder Bag
- Taupe Rockstud Leather Headband
- Secret Garden Floral Printed Cotton-silk Dress
Here is a little something to cure your Monday Blues (I know mine are crippling!). This week’s Mani-Monday is inspired by that perfect time of day that turns everything gold, sparkling and magic. Many of you may know how obsessed I am with gold these days, it is the perfect tone, it’s modern, clean and luxe. To get this looks I simply put on 3 coats of the Maybelline Color Show polish in Mystic Green (perfectly named!) and then a coat of golden sparkle before topping it off with Seche Vite.
Welcome to another edition to Fashion Friday after a brief Holiday hiatus 😉 This look is inspired by my burning ambition to accomplish all of my New Year Resolutions this year! One of them being to revamp my style and take on some of the crazier trends and I have a feeling it’s going to be a big year for gold, leather and bustiers! I’ve put together a sexy little outfit, perfect for an exciting night out, by pairing a jacquard bustier with a hot leather, zippered skirt and then added gold accessories to shine on all through the night.
Hello to the fashionably fabulous, here is another Fashion Friday 😉 Here were have a jazzed up casual look that has an eclectic, high fashion appeal. I love the jewel tones in the winter, and this outfit has such a rich palette blended with some clean and bright pastel colours. I like how these items are bit unexpectedly put together; a fanciful statement necklace with suede booties and voluminous top and bottom some how work together to create a covetable ensemble.
This was the first article I wrote for All That’s Epic 🙂 They are a pretty wicked website and I write for the Cosplay section!
Let’s continue spreading Holiday Cheer with fun Polka-Dot & Turquoise Mani! This winter inspired manicure is incredibly easy to do and is a fun way to get away from the red & green.
- Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat Smoot + Protect – I have noticed that my nails are getting really brittle with the cold winter weather, make sure to to add a base coat to prevent breaks and staining.
- China Glaze Neon Turned Up Turquoise – This show-stopping colour goes on matte but with a hint of shimmer! It looks amazing as is and changes a bit with the light. The picture above looks much more blue but it is more of a turquoise 😉
- China Glaze Platinum Silver – This high-shine polish is really cute for accenting nails. If you want really wow the crowd, wear it on all your nails for extra glitter!
- Topshop Nail Dotting Tool – This tool will help you complete the look, I dabbed some the silver polish on some tin foil and dipped the smaller end in. Next, dot your nail and re-dip when necessary; for this look I dotted opposite corners of the nails with more of a randomized pattern but the possibilities are endless!