- Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat Smoot + Protect – I have noticed that my nails are getting really brittle with the cold winter weather, make sure to to add a base coat to prevent breaks and staining.
- China Glaze Neon Turned Up Turquoise – This show-stopping colour goes on matte but with a hint of shimmer! It looks amazing as is and changes a bit with the light. The picture above looks much more blue but it is more of a turquoise 😉
- China Glaze Platinum Silver – This high-shine polish is really cute for accenting nails. If you want really wow the crowd, wear it on all your nails for extra glitter!
- Topshop Nail Dotting Tool – This tool will help you complete the look, I dabbed some the silver polish on some tin foil and dipped the smaller end in. Next, dot your nail and re-dip when necessary; for this look I dotted opposite corners of the nails with more of a randomized pattern but the possibilities are endless!
- Essie Grow Faste Base Coat – A good base make a world of difference and protects your nails from discolouration. I especially love this one because it also aids in healthy nail growth!
- OPI Berlin There Done That – A classic neutral shade, it is perfect for all seasons and pairs nicely with an array of other hues. This is my go-to shade when I want something sophisticated and fuss-free.
- Nicole by OPI Kissed at Midnight – Go for Glitz! Don’t feel gilty (pun fully intended), add a little festive flare to your mani with a glitter top coat. I like painting my ring finger and thumb as accent nails to give it an extra pop.
- Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat – This is by far the best top-coat I have ever used. It goes on thicker but dries in ten minutes and looks just like shellac. The only down side I have found is that I have to replace it more frequently (just past the half-way point) because it gets too viscous to apply.
- Sephora Party Starter Brush Set – A little brush set comes in handy when you don’t want to sacrifice precision in your beauty routine, not to mention this fun little set is adorable!
- Stila All Day Try-Me-Set – Teeny tiny but still all of the lovely stay-all-day care you love about Stila 🙂
- MAC ‘Mini’ Demi Wipes Cleansing Towelettes – When it is time for bed you will thank yourself for this cleansing cloths, they are great when you don’t have a wash cloth handy.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette – This palette is just plain amazing, I take mine everywhere I go because you can create any eye make-up look your heart desires and it takes up minimal space when travelling.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Original Mini – This product rocks! It works perfectly when you need to refresh your hair in the morning but don’t have time for a shower and style.
- Sephora Tame The Frenzy Travel Brush – Tame that messy bed-head after a sleepover with this adorable miniature and again, perfect size when you need to pack light!
- Revlon Photoready Powder – I love this product, it has amazing coverage and I find that I don’t even need foundation before I apply it.
- Bath And Body Works Forever Red – When you don’t want to bring your fancy perfume along (glass bottles are a little fragile!), this scent is luscious and a quick spritz goes a long way.
What is a Pajama Party without your PJ’s? Here are two fun looks that would be perfect for a girls night in:
1. Cutesy and Fun: This look definitely is reminiscent of teenage sleepovers. I’ve paired a My Little Pony sweater with some comfy and adorable shorts for a youthful and fun look. Add an adorable polar bear weekender bag and a girly floral make-up case to carry all your needed supplies.
- Royal Albert New Country Roses Rose Confetti Make Up Bag
- River Island Grey My Little Pony Sweater
- Juicy Couture Sleep Essential Short
- Olula Overnight Bag
2. Cool and Chic: This look is a little more sophisticated but still fun and chic. Pairing a comfortably loose tank with some graphic floral shorts is fashionable without sacrificing comfort. To carry all your essentials, I’ve added a fun neon make-up bag and a trendy Herschel duffel.
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – Liquid eyeliner is ideal for creating dramatic winged eyeliner as well as a great way to do any detailing around the eye that you really want to pop! I prefer the eyeliner pen style of eyeliner for better control and precision. Also, it is a great way to disguise the look of fake lashes 😉
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray – Face it, when you are running around a con or doing an intense photo-shoot the longevity of your make up is vital! After your make-up is complete mist your face with a setting spray to avoid your make up from smearing or sweating off. This is an important step especially when using face paint or other heavy makeup. If you don’t have a setting spray, mist your face lightly with some hairspray (it has a similar effect).
- Sally Hansen Air Brush Legs – When your Cosplay calls for bear legs and nude coloured tights won’t cut it, this product is wonderful for evening out your skin tone without tanning. I use it on my arms and chest area as well to give me a bit of a glow and even out skin tone (especially for photo-taking!).
- Topshop Gunmetal Brush Set – A hero is only as good as his weapon! Invest in a good brush set that will last your through everyday use as well as Cosplay! This gives you more control and cleaner lines when working with difficult or complex makeup looks.
- Shiseido Eyebrow Styling Compact – Stage makeup calls for more exaggerated features (especially on film or in photos). Styling your brows gives your face a more polished and expressive look, just be careful not to go overboard (you don’t want to look perpetually angry). I prefer to use an angled brush and flesh out the outer details with a brown liner.
What are your fave Cosplay Beauty Must-Haves?
Goulish Greetings, are you in the mood for some spooky good fun? Here is how I created this Halloween inspired nail art:
1. Start with an orange base (you may want to use a base coat like Essie’s Grow Faster to prevent staining!). I paint 2-3 coats for an even colour.
2. Next, use a polka-dot/ glitter top coat (I used the one pictured above). To prevent big globs of spots, try to evenly distribute the spots, I start at the base of the nail and drag downwards.
3. I cannot rave enough about Seche Vite Top Coat, it dries amazingly fast, last forever, and gives a shellac type shine and thickness. The best way to apply is to apply a droplet (at the base of the nail), wipe the excess off of the brush and then sweep the brush down the nail.
4. For the grand finale. I added Nails Inc. Matte Top Coat to give a cool texture. I love the way it makes the orange pop!