- Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat Smoot + Protect – I have noticed that my nails are getting really brittle with the cold winter weather, make sure to to add a base coat to prevent breaks and staining.
- China Glaze Neon Turned Up Turquoise – This show-stopping colour goes on matte but with a hint of shimmer! It looks amazing as is and changes a bit with the light. The picture above looks much more blue but it is more of a turquoise 😉
- China Glaze Platinum Silver – This high-shine polish is really cute for accenting nails. If you want really wow the crowd, wear it on all your nails for extra glitter!
- Topshop Nail Dotting Tool – This tool will help you complete the look, I dabbed some the silver polish on some tin foil and dipped the smaller end in. Next, dot your nail and re-dip when necessary; for this look I dotted opposite corners of the nails with more of a randomized pattern but the possibilities are endless!
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – Liquid eyeliner is ideal for creating dramatic winged eyeliner as well as a great way to do any detailing around the eye that you really want to pop! I prefer the eyeliner pen style of eyeliner for better control and precision. Also, it is a great way to disguise the look of fake lashes 😉
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray – Face it, when you are running around a con or doing an intense photo-shoot the longevity of your make up is vital! After your make-up is complete mist your face with a setting spray to avoid your make up from smearing or sweating off. This is an important step especially when using face paint or other heavy makeup. If you don’t have a setting spray, mist your face lightly with some hairspray (it has a similar effect).
- Sally Hansen Air Brush Legs – When your Cosplay calls for bear legs and nude coloured tights won’t cut it, this product is wonderful for evening out your skin tone without tanning. I use it on my arms and chest area as well to give me a bit of a glow and even out skin tone (especially for photo-taking!).
- Topshop Gunmetal Brush Set – A hero is only as good as his weapon! Invest in a good brush set that will last your through everyday use as well as Cosplay! This gives you more control and cleaner lines when working with difficult or complex makeup looks.
- Shiseido Eyebrow Styling Compact – Stage makeup calls for more exaggerated features (especially on film or in photos). Styling your brows gives your face a more polished and expressive look, just be careful not to go overboard (you don’t want to look perpetually angry). I prefer to use an angled brush and flesh out the outer details with a brown liner.
What are your fave Cosplay Beauty Must-Haves?
Goulish Greetings, are you in the mood for some spooky good fun? Here is how I created this Halloween inspired nail art:
1. Start with an orange base (you may want to use a base coat like Essie’s Grow Faster to prevent staining!). I paint 2-3 coats for an even colour.
2. Next, use a polka-dot/ glitter top coat (I used the one pictured above). To prevent big globs of spots, try to evenly distribute the spots, I start at the base of the nail and drag downwards.
3. I cannot rave enough about Seche Vite Top Coat, it dries amazingly fast, last forever, and gives a shellac type shine and thickness. The best way to apply is to apply a droplet (at the base of the nail), wipe the excess off of the brush and then sweep the brush down the nail.
4. For the grand finale. I added Nails Inc. Matte Top Coat to give a cool texture. I love the way it makes the orange pop!