Another day, another chance to be a work-wear maven! Today’s outfit is based on one of my favourite work-day outfits as a tribute to the pin-up girls of past. I love pairing a retro polka-dot blouse with the hip-skimming peplum skirt to really make an hour-glass figure pop! A classic pointed patent pump (say that 3 times fast!), red bow belt and gold jewellery are reminiscent of the 1950’s and add a vintage flair 🙂
Hello fellow fashionistas! Here is another edition of OOTD, based on what yours truly is wearing. Generally speaking, my 9-5 is spent in an office setting, this outfit reflects a more polished and sophisticated style but is trendy enough to take out on the town for a couple drinks after work!
- H&M Jersey Blazer – A comfortable blazer is key for a long day at the office. The stretch jersey fabric breathes well and won’t feel too constraining.
- Rebecca Minkoff Pictor Tank – I adore the flowyness of the this blouse, it is 100% silk and looks absolutely divine. The only downside, 3 words, Dry Clean Only.
- Dorothy Perkins Aztec Mini Skirt – This is an excellent way to mix print into your wardrobe, the black and white pair perfectly with almost any color, from a punchy red to a relaxed mint. It is such a fun and updated classic silhouette.
- Aldo Nicoletta Shoes – Most of the shoes I own are black I must confess. I love the gold details on these, it adds such a polished and sexy vibe to your regular black pumps!
- Michael Kors Glam Rock Pyramid Stud Earrings – Studs! Another confession, I am obsessed with studs. If you are too over the top, these are a simple and elegant way to rock the fall trend!
What do you think? What is your regular 9-5 Outfit?
Here is today’s sophisticated attire based on what yours truly is wearing! This outfit has a polished feel, perfect for the office or intern-ship. I have kept the colour palette simple with neutral tones but have varied the textures and patterns by pairing the chiffon blouse (tucked in of course!) with a lace skirt, suede winged back booties and a polka dot scarf. For jewellery, understated but adorable gold bow studs are a perfect match. Lastly, the make-up I have chosen highlights your natural beauty without being too much for the office. I used this pallette to create an understated smoky eye with a quick swipe of liquid eyeliner to accentuate your natural eye shape.