Let’s continue spreading Holiday Cheer with fun Polka-Dot & Turquoise Mani! This winter inspired manicure is incredibly easy to do and is a fun way to get away from the red & green.
- Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat Smoot + Protect – I have noticed that my nails are getting really brittle with the cold winter weather, make sure to to add a base coat to prevent breaks and staining.
- China Glaze Neon Turned Up Turquoise – This show-stopping colour goes on matte but with a hint of shimmer! It looks amazing as is and changes a bit with the light. The picture above looks much more blue but it is more of a turquoise 😉
- China Glaze Platinum Silver – This high-shine polish is really cute for accenting nails. If you want really wow the crowd, wear it on all your nails for extra glitter!
- Topshop Nail Dotting Tool – This tool will help you complete the look, I dabbed some the silver polish on some tin foil and dipped the smaller end in. Next, dot your nail and re-dip when necessary; for this look I dotted opposite corners of the nails with more of a randomized pattern but the possibilities are endless!
Hello my lovely muses, here’s a little ensemble that would be just perfect for rocking out at your fave headliner! I am going to see Lady B. herself tomorrow night and in honour of her musical genius and all around amazing fashion sense I have put together a little set that reflects her edgy and glam yet still sophisticated style.
Pairing a pair of leather leggings (that will have you looking Bootylicious) with a nude, chiffon tunic mixes edgy and elegant. I love how the belt accents your natural waist, giving you a sexy hourglass shape. We have added some knock out accessories with a statement necklace that pairs nicely with a higher neckline and an onyx coloured cocktail ring for some extra bling. I always prefer to bring smaller bag so that I can get my jam on and this studded little number with a long strap is perfect. Lastly, we finish up with some sexy leather wedge booties so that you can dance the night away comfortably and stylishly.
Hello Cosplay Enthusiasts! Here is another round of Beauty Must-Haves for Costume-Play or for dressing up (Halloween is right around the corner people!).
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – Liquid eyeliner is ideal for creating dramatic winged eyeliner as well as a great way to do any detailing around the eye that you really want to pop! I prefer the eyeliner pen style of eyeliner for better control and precision. Also, it is a great way to disguise the look of fake lashes 😉
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray – Face it, when you are running around a con or doing an intense photo-shoot the longevity of your make up is vital! After your make-up is complete mist your face with a setting spray to avoid your make up from smearing or sweating off. This is an important step especially when using face paint or other heavy makeup. If you don’t have a setting spray, mist your face lightly with some hairspray (it has a similar effect).
- Sally Hansen Air Brush Legs – When your Cosplay calls for bear legs and nude coloured tights won’t cut it, this product is wonderful for evening out your skin tone without tanning. I use it on my arms and chest area as well to give me a bit of a glow and even out skin tone (especially for photo-taking!).
- Topshop Gunmetal Brush Set – A hero is only as good as his weapon! Invest in a good brush set that will last your through everyday use as well as Cosplay! This gives you more control and cleaner lines when working with difficult or complex makeup looks.
- Shiseido Eyebrow Styling Compact – Stage makeup calls for more exaggerated features (especially on film or in photos). Styling your brows gives your face a more polished and expressive look, just be careful not to go overboard (you don’t want to look perpetually angry). I prefer to use an angled brush and flesh out the outer details with a brown liner.
What are your fave Cosplay Beauty Must-Haves?
Happy October! Since things are cooling down, here is a cozy little autumn outfit based on what yours truly is wearing today!
I paired a skater skirt, thin belt with a burgundy knit for a cool weather-chic outfit. But it’s time to add the layers, some cool tights and an infinity scarf will help you brave the cold (my mummy crocheted a beautiful one for me!). I kept the accessories polished and classic with pearl posts and a knotted silver ring. Lastly, keep your tootsies warm with a cute pair of wedge booties!