Another day, another chance to be a work-wear maven! Today’s outfit is based on one of my favourite work-day outfits as a tribute to the pin-up girls of past. I love pairing a retro polka-dot blouse with the hip-skimming peplum skirt to really make an hour-glass figure pop! A classic pointed patent pump (say that 3 times fast!), red bow belt and gold jewellery are reminiscent of the 1950’s and add a vintage flair 🙂
Here is today’s sophisticated attire based on what yours truly is wearing! This outfit has a polished feel, perfect for the office or intern-ship. I have kept the colour palette simple with neutral tones but have varied the textures and patterns by pairing the chiffon blouse (tucked in of course!) with a lace skirt, suede winged back booties and a polka dot scarf. For jewellery, understated but adorable gold bow studs are a perfect match. Lastly, the make-up I have chosen highlights your natural beauty without being too much for the office. I used this pallette to create an understated smoky eye with a quick swipe of liquid eyeliner to accentuate your natural eye shape.
Happy October! Since things are cooling down, here is a cozy little autumn outfit based on what yours truly is wearing today!
I paired a skater skirt, thin belt with a burgundy knit for a cool weather-chic outfit. But it’s time to add the layers, some cool tights and an infinity scarf will help you brave the cold (my mummy crocheted a beautiful one for me!). I kept the accessories polished and classic with pearl posts and a knotted silver ring. Lastly, keep your tootsies warm with a cute pair of wedge booties!
1. Giambattista Valli Suede Booties – These hot leather calfskin booties are accented by a sleek vinyl heel. These beauties fetch a pretty penny but they are a classic round toe, a sure investment piece.
2. Gianvito Rossi Peep Toe Bootie – Swooooon! These flared split peep-toed booties are to die for. The sleek dramatic shape is trendy and eye catching (not to mention a perfect way to show off a pedi in Autumn!). You may have to sell your soul for them but they are a gem!
3. Jeffrey Campbell Ankle Booties – These coveted booties are a bit of investment (I am a budget babe!) but their iconic shape is amazingly versatile and have an off duty model feel. These are a sure way to fire up an outfit for a night out.
4. Nine West Belanie Booties – These little leather classics have an adorable exposed zipper and are easy to wear with everything from a mini dress to skinny jeans! The deep red sole is super sexy to boot (pun fully intended).
5. Forever 21 Ankle Booties – Laces & suede are perfect autumn details and the lower heel makes them easier for strolling through fallen leaves! Pair them with some leggings, sweater dress and thick scarf or a cozy sweater and some skinnies for a perfect fall look.
6. Timeless Nos Chelsea Booties – These stiletto almond-toed wonders are perfect for a night out. They have a cool city-chic feel and best of all, they give you some major bang for your buck!