One thing about the Holidays that I adore is getting all dolled up for the annual string of office parties, soirées, family gatherings and of course NYE! One way to ensure that you have a fashionably festive season is by choosing an elegant and sophisticated colour combination. This year, black and gold is a luxe way to say Happy Holidays!
Here we have a quartet of dresses, clutches and pumps that will indeed make your days merry and bright.
- NAF Cocktail Dress, Kotur Pearce Box Clutch, Chinese Laundry Kristin Cavallari ‘Letizia’ Platform Bootie
I love the geometric look of this dress and clutch together, it has a clean and modern vibe that King Midas himself would envy. Add some chic booties with knock out mesh detailing for a sexy edge, very come hither.
- C&Y Baroque Mesh Dress, Alexander McQueen Glory Ice Embellished Leather & Mesh Box Clutch, Jimmy Choo Fey Peep-Toe Suede Sandal
This dress is to die for, the keyhole cut-out and baroque lace are both naughty and nice. Mr. McQueen can do no wrong in my eyes and this intricately decorated clutch paired with a knock-out pair of Jimmy Choo’s is a classic and sexy way to ensure you meet someone special under the mistletoe.
- French Connection Jacquard Golden Fit & Flare Dress, Chanel Vintage Mini Flap Bag, Michael Kors Delphine Pump
This lady like set pairs a jacquard fit and flare dress and a vintage Chanel bag for a nostalgic 1960’s feel. We have added a pair of bowed MK pumps to sweeten the deal for all of you sugar plum fairies!
- New Look Black and Gold Animal Print Sequin Cut Out Bodycon Dress, Ted Baker Karsie Glitter Hardcase Clutch Bag, Sole Society Tierra Cap Toe Pump
Now, if you want to be a little naughty this season, this body con dress has some sexy cut-outs and animal print makes it a little more wild. We’ve added some sparkle with a glitter clutch with diamond details and a classic pump with a gold cap-toe.
A shout out to all the glamour girls out there, this look nail look is for you. Neutral tones match anything, including glitter! I especially love mixing a greige nuetral tone with a little golden glitz, it makes for a haute Holiday 😉
- Essie Grow Faste Base Coat – A good base make a world of difference and protects your nails from discolouration. I especially love this one because it also aids in healthy nail growth!
- OPI Berlin There Done That – A classic neutral shade, it is perfect for all seasons and pairs nicely with an array of other hues. This is my go-to shade when I want something sophisticated and fuss-free.
- Nicole by OPI Kissed at Midnight – Go for Glitz! Don’t feel gilty (pun fully intended), add a little festive flare to your mani with a glitter top coat. I like painting my ring finger and thumb as accent nails to give it an extra pop.
- Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat – This is by far the best top-coat I have ever used. It goes on thicker but dries in ten minutes and looks just like shellac. The only down side I have found is that I have to replace it more frequently (just past the half-way point) because it gets too viscous to apply.
Hello my lovely muses, here’s a little ensemble that would be just perfect for rocking out at your fave headliner! I am going to see Lady B. herself tomorrow night and in honour of her musical genius and all around amazing fashion sense I have put together a little set that reflects her edgy and glam yet still sophisticated style.
Pairing a pair of leather leggings (that will have you looking Bootylicious) with a nude, chiffon tunic mixes edgy and elegant. I love how the belt accents your natural waist, giving you a sexy hourglass shape. We have added some knock out accessories with a statement necklace that pairs nicely with a higher neckline and an onyx coloured cocktail ring for some extra bling. I always prefer to bring smaller bag so that I can get my jam on and this studded little number with a long strap is perfect. Lastly, we finish up with some sexy leather wedge booties so that you can dance the night away comfortably and stylishly.
Let’s face it, even when you are out of your pre-teens sleepovers are still fun! A girl friend of mine was in town on business and we decided to kick it old school and have a sleepover in her hotel room 🙂 Here are some fun ideas for a cute and comfy way to spend a night in, not to mention a concise list of next-morning essentials that would be ideal to bring on a weekend away.
On an overnight stay you want to pack light, chances are you won’t need your entire beauty arsenal for a 1 night stay. Here are a few beauty basics that are perfect for short term travel:
Hello fellow fashionistas! Here is another edition of OOTD, based on what yours truly is wearing. Generally speaking, my 9-5 is spent in an office setting, this outfit reflects a more polished and sophisticated style but is trendy enough to take out on the town for a couple drinks after work!
- H&M Jersey Blazer – A comfortable blazer is key for a long day at the office. The stretch jersey fabric breathes well and won’t feel too constraining.
- Rebecca Minkoff Pictor Tank – I adore the flowyness of the this blouse, it is 100% silk and looks absolutely divine. The only downside, 3 words, Dry Clean Only.
- Dorothy Perkins Aztec Mini Skirt – This is an excellent way to mix print into your wardrobe, the black and white pair perfectly with almost any color, from a punchy red to a relaxed mint. It is such a fun and updated classic silhouette.
- Aldo Nicoletta Shoes – Most of the shoes I own are black I must confess. I love the gold details on these, it adds such a polished and sexy vibe to your regular black pumps!
- Michael Kors Glam Rock Pyramid Stud Earrings – Studs! Another confession, I am obsessed with studs. If you are too over the top, these are a simple and elegant way to rock the fall trend!
What do you think? What is your regular 9-5 Outfit?
Hello Cosplay Enthusiasts! Here is another round of Beauty Must-Haves for Costume-Play or for dressing up (Halloween is right around the corner people!).
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – Liquid eyeliner is ideal for creating dramatic winged eyeliner as well as a great way to do any detailing around the eye that you really want to pop! I prefer the eyeliner pen style of eyeliner for better control and precision. Also, it is a great way to disguise the look of fake lashes 😉
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray – Face it, when you are running around a con or doing an intense photo-shoot the longevity of your make up is vital! After your make-up is complete mist your face with a setting spray to avoid your make up from smearing or sweating off. This is an important step especially when using face paint or other heavy makeup. If you don’t have a setting spray, mist your face lightly with some hairspray (it has a similar effect).
- Sally Hansen Air Brush Legs – When your Cosplay calls for bear legs and nude coloured tights won’t cut it, this product is wonderful for evening out your skin tone without tanning. I use it on my arms and chest area as well to give me a bit of a glow and even out skin tone (especially for photo-taking!).
- Topshop Gunmetal Brush Set – A hero is only as good as his weapon! Invest in a good brush set that will last your through everyday use as well as Cosplay! This gives you more control and cleaner lines when working with difficult or complex makeup looks.
- Shiseido Eyebrow Styling Compact – Stage makeup calls for more exaggerated features (especially on film or in photos). Styling your brows gives your face a more polished and expressive look, just be careful not to go overboard (you don’t want to look perpetually angry). I prefer to use an angled brush and flesh out the outer details with a brown liner.
What are your fave Cosplay Beauty Must-Haves?
Here is today’s sophisticated attire based on what yours truly is wearing! This outfit has a polished feel, perfect for the office or intern-ship. I have kept the colour palette simple with neutral tones but have varied the textures and patterns by pairing the chiffon blouse (tucked in of course!) with a lace skirt, suede winged back booties and a polka dot scarf. For jewellery, understated but adorable gold bow studs are a perfect match. Lastly, the make-up I have chosen highlights your natural beauty without being too much for the office. I used this pallette to create an understated smoky eye with a quick swipe of liquid eyeliner to accentuate your natural eye shape.